Puppy survives terrible case of embedded plastic string
Nancy is a delicate pre-teen who we rescued with critically advanced edema (fluid) from plastic string tied around her neck that was cutting into the muscles of her neck and slowly choking her.
We believe that someone, possibly a child, may have tied the plastic string around her neck as a “collar” when she was a younger puppy, and then never cut it off. And so being a street puppy not owned by anyone, the string began to get tighter and tighter, to the point that it was cutting through the skin down into the muscle, and unfortunately neighbors ignored her situation for far too long but luckily in the end a kind person finally did call and we were able to rescue her just in time.
Because the wound wrapped completely around Nancy’s neck, it took a month to heal, and the swelling continues to improve. Watch this gentle little love after her horrendous ordeal.
Please donate to sponsor the life-saving rescues of precious street animals in India.